Denair Pedestrian Accident
Walking from one place to another is easy in a small, tight-knit community like Denair. It is not uncommon to see children walk around on their own because everyone knows each other. While traveling on foot is a great way to get around town, it is not always safe if motorists are careless. If a negligent driver hurts a pedestrian, the at-fault party must be held liable, and injured people are entitled to seek total compensation for their damages.
If you have suffered severe injuries in a pedestrian accident in Denair or elsewhere in Stanislaus County, call our injury lawyers at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for a free case evaluation.Pedestrian Accident Statistics
- A pedestrian is killed in a traffic accident every 84 minutes.
- 81 percent of fatal pedestrian accidents happen in urban areas.
- 19 percent of pedestrians killed were involved in hit-and-run accidents.
In California, the OTS (California Office of Traffic Safety) found that we have some of the most dangerous roads for pedestrians.
- Nearly 900 pedestrians were killed, and over 14,000 pedestrians were injured in 2018.
- The pedestrian death rate in California is 25 percent higher than the national average.
A pedestrian is at a greater risk of suffering severe injuries or death when involved in a motor vehicle accident. Many California laws are enacted to protect pedestrians from tragic accidents. According to California Vehicle Code Section 29150, drivers must yield to anyone crossing the street in or near a crosswalk. Even if pedestrians are outside the crosswalk, motorists must still drive cautiously to avoid hitting them.Staying Safe As a Pedestrian
Pedestrians can do several things to avoid getting hit in a traffic accident. Some recommendations to increase pedestrian safety include:
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Use designated crosswalks whenever crossing the street.
- Use sidewalks if they are available. If there are no sidewalks and you are forced to walk along the curb, do so facing traffic so it is easier for drivers to see you.
- Avoid jaywalking. Drivers can't always see pedestrians stepping out between parked cars along the curb.
- Wear bright colors during the day and reflective colors at night. Put reflective strips on your clothes and carry a flashlight to increase your visibility after dark.
- Don't assume a driver will stop at crosswalks. Speeders and red-light runners often cause pedestrian accidents.
- Be careful walking past alleys, driveways, exits, and entrances. It can be a tragic accident if the driver can't see you.
- Always look left, right, and left again before crossing the street, even when signals and lights are present.
- Don't go walking if you have been drinking. Inebriated pedestrians can be just as careless as drunk drivers.
After a devastating pedestrian accident, you can be out of work for weeks, months, or even years. Getting compensation for your damages is essential, and having an experienced accident lawyer helping you with the claim process can be beneficial. Insurance companies often offer settlements far lower than what you deserve. Your lawyer is your advocate and will negotiate with the insurance company to ensure you receive fair compensation. Finding a knowledgeable and trustworthy pedestrian accident attorney in Denair is essential for a successful outcome.Limited Time to File a Pedestrian Accident Injury Claim
Be sure to consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after your pedestrian accident to avoid missing the filing deadline. According to the California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1, you must file an injury claim against the at-fault party for two years from the accident date.
If a city or government agency is responsible for your pedestrian accident, the claim must be filed within six months from the accident date, according to the California Government Code Section 911.2.
Watch the YouTube Video below to learn more about the statute of limitations in California.Call Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Denair, CA
Being injured in a pedestrian accident is a traumatic experience. If you have been hurt by a negligent driver, filing an injury claim for compensation is crucial to help you get your life back. You can trust our experienced Denair pedestrian accident lawyers to handle your case while you focus on your recovery. Call our law firm at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly, and compassionate advice.
Retaining an injury attorney who has obtained significant verdicts and settlements for their clients is essential. Since 1982, our legal team at AutoAccident.com has had a solid track record of success in handling personal injury and wrongful death claims.
We strive to provide professional and compassionate support because we understand that your injury affects you and your entire family. We work hard to recover fair compensation for our injured clients so they can focus on healing without stressing about their financial burden.