Novato Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Novato, a vibrant city in Marin County, offers many amenities and attractions. However, the surge in population, surpassing 55,000, has given rise to a pressing concern: traffic woes. Particularly during peak travel times, congestion on Highway 101, the city's vital connection to the rest of the Bay Area, has become all too common.
Limited downtown parking options further compound the traffic issues in Novato, leading to frustration and congestion for residents and visitors. Furthermore, the city's public transportation options are somewhat constrained, increasing traffic on the roads.
To tackle these challenges head-on, Novato has implemented a range of initiatives to improve traffic flow and mitigate congestion. These efforts include road widening projects, the addition of new bike lanes, and promotion of alternative modes of transportation like ride-sharing and carpooling. Additionally, the city has invested in public transportation, bolstering services such as the Marin Transit Bus System and the SMART train to alleviate the road strain. Despite these efforts, accidents can still happen.
If you or a family member has sustained serious injuries in an accident caused by negligence in Novato or elsewhere in Marin County, we offer a free consultation with our dedicated team of injury lawyers. Contact us at (415) 521-2515 to learn more about your legal options.Major Roadways Near Novato, CA
After leaving Sausalito, US Route 101 passes through Novato and continues to Petaluma. This 9-mile stretch of 101 goes from eight to four and is called the Novato Narrows by area residents, and it continues to list one of the area's most congested roadways.
A study found that riders spent an average of more than 800 hours a year traveling at speeds of approximately 35 mph between 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Efforts are underway to increase the number of lanes since congested roadways lead to increased car accidents.Traffic Accident Statistics in Novato and Marin County
Let's look at the types of accidents and violations associated with them in Novato:
- Rear-end collisions occur most frequently in Novato, approximately 56 percent of the time.
- Side-swipe collisions happen less frequently at a density of about 9 percent.
- While 2 percent of accidents are associated with fatalities, an equal number result in severe injuries.
- Visible injuries are found in 22 percent of accidents.
- Approximately 73 percent result in complaints of painful non-visible injury.
- Most auto accidents occur during daylight hours on main roads, including SR 101.
- More accidents happen on roadways with streetlights than those without streetlights by 19 percent to 17 percent.
One of the most frequent questions we hear from clients is how to choose the right personal injury attorney. That is not difficult if you follow a few quick steps:
- Step 1: Ensure the accident attorney you consider practices only personal injury. This is important since many cases can be complex. In addition, specialization ensures that your lawyer will know how to maximize your compensation.
- Step 2: Ask how many cases the Novato auto accident attorney you are considering has taken to trial. There is a difference between the lawyers who limit what they do for a client, like settling the case, and those willing to argue the case's merits in court. Sometimes, insurers offer embarrassingly low settlements, and accepting what is offered can mean the client can't pay for medical treatment or overcome the hardship of lost wages.
- Step 3: Since personal injury cases are taken on contingency, ensure the Novato personal injury lawyer you are hiring has a war chest big enough to pay for experts and other expenses until you win. Not being able to afford case expenses could result in ineffective representation.
- Step 5: Don't be afraid to ask questions. If a Novato car accident lawyer does not answer the questions, make a note of it, and check out another lawyer.
Watch the video below to learn more about choosing the best personal injury lawyer for your accident case.Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Novato, CA
At our law firm, we understand the devastating impact an injury can have on you and your loved ones' lives. Accidents caused by negligence can leave you with physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial burdens that can be difficult to bear alone. Our team of experienced Novato personal injury lawyers is committed to helping you get the compensation you need to move forward.
We offer free, friendly advice to help you understand your legal rights and options. You can reach us at (415) 521-2515 or (800) 404-5400 to schedule a consultation with one of our compassionate attorneys or use our online contact form to contact us.
We understand each case is unique and will work tirelessly to build a strong case on your behalf. We will investigate the accident, gather evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. We aim to alleviate your stress and guide you through the legal process with empathy and understanding.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident caused by negligence, do not hesitate to contact our Novato personal injury lawyers. We are here to help you recover the compensation you need to move forward with your life.
See our past cases on our Verdicts and Settlements page.