Sacramento Premises Liability Lawyer
When an accident or injury occurs to a visitor or tenant living on someone's property, the property owner may be liable for their negligence, leading to the victim's injury. This is what is typically referred to as premises liability.
If you have suffered an injury of this type and you believe it's the result of negligence by another person or business, you may be able to file a lawsuit to recover the costs involved to pay for your damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, emotional distress, pain and suffering, disfigurement, or physical disability. Call our experienced Sacramento premises liability lawyers today at (916) 921-6400 for a free case evaluation.Common Slip and Fall Accidents
Here are just a few of the common situations involved in slip and fall accidents:
- Slips on wet surfaces
- Dry spills on powder, dust, plastic wrappings, etc.
- Highly polished surface falls such on waxed marble or ceramic floors
- Falls that happen when moving from one type of surface to another, such as tile to carpet
- Unstable floorboards or mats
- Gravel, sand, or other debris on walkways
- Sudden slopes or unmarked or poorly marked tramps
- Gangplanks or loading docks without skid-resistant surfaces
- Metal floor surfaces, when wet
- Falls on rain, ice, snow, or sleet
- Climbing up and down on trucks, forklifts, or other work equipment
- Trailing cables, pallets, or steel girders at work
- Loose wires or cords
- Industrial equipment or supplies left on walkways
- Uneven flooring or deep cracks between surfaces
- Curb drops and changes in floor elevation without sufficient warnings
- Stairway falls because of collapsing or unevenly constructed stairways
- Slips and falls over clutter or boxes or other waste materials
- Scaffolding packed with building materials
- Dog bites or maulings
- Pathways cluttered with debris
- Injuries from slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Hazardous or toxic substances
- Stairway collapses
- Being the victim of a felony criminal act when the property owner noticed the illegal activity and did nothing to alleviate it.
In premises liability cases, you must prove that the property owner either failed to maintain the property or created unsafe conditions that caused the injury. They knew about the hazard but did not warn tenants or visitors. It must also prove that the property owner was careless about the unsafe conditions that caused damage to someone else's property.
The video below summarizes the types of slip and fall accidents our office has handled and how such accidents frequently occur.Sacramento Premises Liability Lawyers in Sacramento, CA
We would like to hear from you if you believe you have suffered an injury due to a property owner's negligence. Call our experienced Sacramento premises liability lawyers at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
Our legal team at AutoAccident.com has assisted Sacramento area residents with injury and accident claims since 1982, focusing on slip and fall injuries and injuries on dangerous property.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 6.29.22]
Image by Rudy and Peter Skitterians from Pixabay [cs 546]
- Avoid Animal Diseases at Petting Zoos
- Balcony Collapse Lawyer
- Dangerous Stairway Fall
- Falling Merchandise Injuries
- Insurance Issues With Airbnb
- Parking Lot or Parking Garage Injuries
- Premises Liability Affects Social Hosts and Business Owners
- Roof and Ceiling Collapse Lawyer
- Sacramento Tree Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
- Stairway Collapse Accidents
- Sacramento Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Trampoline Injury Lawyer