Facebook Pixel


Byron Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer | AutoAccident.com

start your free consultation
Home Byron Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer | AutoAccident.com

Byron Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer

Byron Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer One of the many census-designated places in Contra Costa County is Byron. Situated between Brentwood and Discovery Bay, the area sees its fair share of traffic from commuters traveling on State Route 4 from San Joaquin County to the San Francisco Bay Area. With any flow of traffic may come the potential for motor vehicle collisions, particularly in rural areas with two-lane roads such as Byron. Statistical data and reports for 2019 by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) have suggested that a greater portion of traffic fatalities involving high speed, large commercial trucks, and passenger vehicles occurred in rural areas. With this information in mind, it is without a doubt that the risks on rural roads such as those in Byron pose a significant risk to everyone.

If you have been injured in a car accident in Byron, you can depend on our team of personal injury lawyers to protect your rights and interests throughout the legal process. Get started today by calling one of our skilled attorneys for free, friendly case advice at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400.

Without the right information and guidance, parties injured in traffic collisions may often lose out on being compensated for accident-related injuries and losses. The personal injury attorneys at AutoAccident.com make it our goal to ensure that our clients have the assistance and support they need to get their lives back on track. We will put our experience, skills, and resources to work for our clients and their cases to recover the financial compensation they deserve. What sets us apart from other law firms is that we handle personal injury cases exclusively and operate on a contingent basis, meaning you owe us nothing unless we obtain fair compensation on your behalf. There is nothing to lose and so much to gain when you decide to work with our legal team.

Can You Seek Compensation for Injuries Sustained in a Car Accident?

When traffic collisions occur in California, someone must pay for the injuries and damages caused by the incident. That is generally the insurance company representing the driver responsible for the motor vehicle crash. The process typically involves filing a bodily injury claim against the at-fault party and their insurance carrier for resulting losses. This may include economic damages that represent the financial losses stemming from the incident and non-economic damages for the intangible harms the injured party has endured because of the car accident. In addition to these, punitive damages may be sought from the negligent driver for the sole purpose of punishing them for their egregious conduct that led to the incident in question, such as excessive speeding or drunk driving. Refer to the California Civil Code Section 3294 for additional information.

When you have suffered injuries in a traffic collision caused by a negligent party, there may be two options available in your situation. You may attempt to settle a bodily injury claim with the insurance company on your own or work with an experienced Byron car accident lawyer who can negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf. Moving forward with the latter is often recommended in cases involving traumatic injuries as claimants can depend on their accident attorney for the guidance and assistance they need. Conversely, having the best lawyer handle your personal injury case may provide you with the peace of mind you need knowing that it will be in good hands all while you focus on being with your family and recovering from your injuries.

What if the Other Driver Does Not Have Liability Coverage?

When you find yourself involved in a traffic collision, you may expect the driver responsible for the crash to carry liability coverage. However, that is not always the case. If it has been determined that the at-fault motorist does not have auto insurance, then bringing a claim with your insurer under your uninsured motorist (UM) coverage may often be the best solution. While UM coverage, like UIM coverage, is optional in California, it is essential to carry as there is a high rate of drivers without liability coverage in the state. In a report released in 2019 by the Insurance Information Institute (III), the percentage of uninsured drivers in California was approximately 16.6. With this information in mind, there is no doubt that having uninsured motorist coverage may make all the difference in the outcome of a car accident caused by a driver without liability coverage.

What many people may not know about UM protection is that it may also be utilized in hit-and-run accident cases causing bodily injury and property damage. Uninsured motorist coverage will pay for damages up to the limits of the policy in such situations so long as there is evidence demonstrating contact between the suspect vehicle and that of the claimant. Conversely, UM coverage may also extend protection to cyclists, pedestrians, passengers, and motorcyclists injured in crashes caused by uninsured drivers. The best part about uninsured motorist coverage is that it may protect other members of a household in any of these cases so long as they are not listed as excluded members of the insurance policy. When you have been injured in a car accident caused by a driver without liability coverage, your Byron personal injury attorney may review your insurance policy and determine whether your UM protection may cover damages incurred.

What if the At-Fault Party Doesn’t Have Enough Insurance?

Drivers in California are required to carry liability coverage limits of at least $5,000 in property damage, $15,000 for injury or death to one party, and $30,000 for injury or death to more than one individual. This is by the California Insurance Code §11580.1b. Given that the cost of living in California is high, especially in the San Francisco Bay Area, it is often not a surprise that most drivers carry the state minimum coverage limits in an attempt to make ends meet. While this is understandable, this may come at the expense of others in the event of a motor vehicle collision causing bodily injury to more than one party.

In a multi-vehicle accident case where it has been determined that one driver was responsible for the incident, this may put injured parties in a financial predicament, particularly when that motorist has state minimum coverage limits. For reasons such as these, it is essential to carry underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage. Our personal injury law firm recommends carrying at least $100,000/$300,000 in UM and UIM protection or as much coverage as you and your loved ones can afford. While we would hope that you do not find yourself involved in an auto accident caused by a negligent driver with little to no liability coverage, the extra money paid in insurance premiums may make all the difference in the outcome of your situation, especially if traumatic injuries are involved.

Can You Recover Compensation if You Were Partially at Fault for a Crash?

While liability in a motor vehicle collision may be clear, there are some situations where fault may be an issue. When this proves to be the case, the injured party may be entitled to compensation that is reduced by the percentage of negligence assigned to them by the court. This is the legal theory of comparative fault that applies to personal injury cases in California. For instance, if your damages are $50,000 and you were 25% responsible for causing a car wreck, you may be entitled to receive the remainder, that being 75% or $37,500 in financial compensation.

In a claim involving serious injuries and high damages, it is not uncommon for the insurance company to use the comparative fault doctrine as a way of getting out of paying an injury case. The same may also play out in those cases where liability is clear. When this occurs, an injured party may depend on their Byron car accident lawyer to employ an expert witness such as a crash reconstruction expert to determine the sequence of events leading up to the incident to properly determine fault and provide testimony accordingly.

Is There a Time Limit on Car Accident Cases in California?

The personal injury claims process initiates as soon as a traffic collision takes place. Under the California Code of Civil Procedure Section 335.1, an injured party has two years from the date of the incident to file a lawsuit in civil court. Following this deadline is crucial as failing to meet it may result in the court dismissing the case, and thus, the loss of the right to seek financial compensation for resulting losses.

Keep in mind that when other parties are involved, such as negligence on the part of a government entity, a different statute of limitations applies. A notice of claim must be filed with the appropriate government agency no later than six months from the date of the crash, as outlined in the California Government Code Section 911.2. Therefore, it is essential to retain legal counsel immediately to ensure that all filing deadlines are met on your behalf. For information on how to select the best local injury lawyer to handle your case, watch this video.

Contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Byron, CA Today

As a leading personal injury law firm for residents of Contra Costa County and across the golden state, the attorneys at AutoAccident.com are here to help. Since 1982, we have represented parties injured in a wide array of accident types resulting from the negligence of others. Our top priority is the health and well-being of our clients. When looking for the right Bryon personal injury lawyer to handle your case, look no further. Our proven track record of successful verdicts and settlements speaks for itself. Give us a call today to get started and receive free, friendly advice from one of our skilled attorneys at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400.

Photograph Source: By Pixabay User “12019

:ds llo [cs 1683]

Additional Resources: