Granite Bay Motorcycle Accident Attorney
With an average yearly temperature of just under 74 degrees, the climate in Granite Bay attracts motorcycle riders from all over the state and the country. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, there were 20,402 residents living in Granite Bay, which makes this census-designated place (CDP) a great alternative to living in the middle of the hustle, bustle, and congestion of the big city.
Granite Bay still experiences motorcycle crashes, some of which involve riders traveling to and from work or simply out for a ride on a beautiful day in the Golden State. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Granite Bay or elsewhere in Placer County, call our experienced injury lawyers today at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for a free consultation.Dangerous Locations in Granite Bay, CA
Riding a motorcycle is dangerous because you are 35 times more likely to die in an accident than in a car accident. Even if you are an excellent defensive driver, you should wear your helmet. Should you encounter unsafe drivers, proactive safety measures will help protect you from an accident.
An example details an accident involving a motorcycle and a Volvo on July 1, 2016, that claimed one person's life and forced another into a medically-induced coma. The accident occurred on Douglas Boulevard in front of a mobile home park. A woman was driving the Volvo, making a left turn onto Douglas Boulevard, when a Harley-Davidson vehicle struck her vehicle. Authorities noted that the motorcycle was traveling west towards Auburn Folsom Road, one of the most dangerous in Granite Bay when the bike hit the driver's side door of the Volvo.
Other dangerous locations in Granite Bay include:
- South Lake Circle
- Auburn Folsom Road
- Douglas Boulevard
The person responsible for a motorcycle accident might have been able to avoid it. Continue reading below for common motorcycle accident causes:
- Defects from the Manufacturer: It's not uncommon for manufacturer defects in the design or construction of the motorcycle to cause an accident. In such a case, the bike manufacturer can be held liable.
- Road Hazards: One of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents involves road hazards. Potholes, debris, and other road hazards can cause your tires to blow, sending you into a tailspin. The city government could be liable for the accident and damages if roads were poorly maintained.
- Negligence: Other drivers' negligence, or inattention, can also lead to motorcycle accidents. Failure involves ignoring traffic laws and patterns, driving distracted, or any other behavior that causes unsafe conditions for drivers in their vicinity. Negligent drivers can be held responsible for damages and injuries caused by such an accident.
Individuals hurt in motorcycle accidents can suffer various injuries. Some may not manifest immediately, while others can change their lives forever. Minor damage can cause a victim to spend months recovering, possibly out of work, until they are back to full health. Serious injuries can cause paralysis, the need for long-term care, and even the inability to return to work. Injuries can include any of the following:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Damage to nerves
- Cervical Sprain (also known as whiplash)
- Loss of limbs
- Damage to the spinal cord
- Neck damage
- Bone Fractures
During this stressful time, you focus on rehabilitation, pay medical bills, communicate with insurance companies, and eventually look for a new mode of transportation. The accident can easily hurt your financial situation, so you need a Granite Bay motorcycle accident attorney to help you secure compensation for the treatment you require for your injuries (present and future expenses).
Our law firm has been helping people like you for nearly four decades and would be honored to guide you through such a stressful, trying, and complex process, one step at a time.
- We will talk about the case, including any possible alternatives.
- We will handle communications with insurance companies, medical professionals, law enforcement officials, and any other entity, so you don't have to deal with the stress. This will expedite the overall process of bringing your case to a positive resolution.
- If unable to obtain a satisfactory result using this process, we will file a lawsuit to recover fair and just compensation for your injuries on your behalf.
Making an informed decision regarding your legal options is essential following a motorcycle accident in Granite Bay. We will gladly discuss your case so you have all the information needed to decide. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, please call our Granite Bay motorcycle accident lawyers at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice. Or, contact us via the website.